The Lower Valley Water District's regular scheduled meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM , but are subject to change.
Dear Valued Customer: Your 2018 annual water quality report is now available!
This report contains important information about the source and quality of your drinking water. To receive a copy of the 2018 Annual Water Quality Report via mail, please call 915-791-4480. For a translation of the water quality report or to speak with a LVWD representative about the report, please call 915-791-4480.
Customer Service Topics of Interest
• To check for leaks, turn off all faucets and equipment which use water. Watch the "triangle" located on your meter very closely. If any movement is noted and you are sure everything has been turned off, it could indicate a problem somewhere in your system. It is important that all sources of water loss are quickly located and repaired. Failure to do so will result in increased consumption and with it, a higher utility bill.
• New utility services require a completed application, with valid identification, property taxes for property owners or rental contracts for tenants,
and a deposit paid for connection of the utility service. This deposit is refundable after the account is closed and there is no outstanding balance.
• The name on the application needs to match the valid identification required. You must use your name, not a spouse, relative, or friends name on this application. All documents must be completed and signed along with a paid deposit prior to activating your utility service. You may call the Lower Valley Water District Customer Service Department at (915)791-4480 for assistance in completing the application and for payment.
• Closing your account is as simple as contacting our Customer Service Department.
• Bank Drafting is an easy way to pay your water bill. There is no cost to you and your payment will be automatically drafted from your bank account on a monthly basis.
You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your usage. To apply, call the Water Customer Services Office at (915) 791-4480,
or click here to download the application and return it with a voided check to our main office, or mail it to:
Lower Valley Water District
PO Box 1050
San Elizario, TX. 79849.
How is the residential sewer (wastewater) bill calculated?
• Your monthly sewer charge is based on an average of your water use billed during the previous winter months (November, January, and February) for residential accounts or your current month's use for commercial accounts.
Why is my bill so high?
• Your water bill is based on how much water passes through your meter. The minimum usage is four CCF’s, if there is an overage within a single month, additional fees will be accrued.
Why is my sewer (wastewater) charge higher than my water charge?
• It is required by the state and Environmental Protection Agency to clean wastewater before returning it to the environment. The dirtier water is, the more expensive it is to clean it.
I can’t afford to pay my bill right now. Can I get an extension?
• If you are experiencing financial difficulties which temporarily prevent you from paying on time, please let us know. In many cases we can work out a payment plan to allow you to continue receiving service. Call our Customer Service Department at (915) 791-4480 Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm.
Why do I have low water pressure?
• Do you have a pressure-reducing valve (plumbing fixtures) on your property? These are usually located on the property owner’s side of the water meter (about two feet from the meter). If you do, it may need to be adjusted or serviced.